Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need an appointment for Concealed Weapons fingerprinting?

Yes. There are a limited number of employees who conduct the concealed weapons fingerprinting, so an appointment is requested.


How can I send you an email message?

Please use your email software to send any inquiries to Info. We’ll answer your message within 48 hours, during normal business hours.


Questions regarding Concealed Weapons?

If you have any questions regarding concealed weapons you can visit the Department of Agriculture’s website at: http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html


Should I file a complaint or contact the employee’s supervisor?

The Internal Affairs Unit 904.966.2276 coordinates investigations into allegations of misconduct by members of this agency.

Supervisors within the agency handle performance related issues dealing with their subordinates. A member’s supervisor, and not the Internal Affairs Office, is the best and most timely way to address issues concerning disputed traffic citations, improperly written reports and dissatisfaction with the way a call or situation was handled by an employee of this agency. Supervisors can be contacted through the non-emergency dispatch number 904.966.6161 , or by calling the Sheriff’s Office during normal business at 904.966.2276.


What about 9-1-1 prank calls?

It’s a prank call when someone calls 9-1-1 for a joke, or calls 9-1-1 and hangs up. Prank calls not only waste time and money, but can also be dangerous. If 9-1-1 lines or call takers are busy with prank calls, someone with a real emergency may not be able to get the help they need. In most places, it’s against the law to make prank 9-1-1 calls.


What are the hours at the Jail?

You can visit our Jail Visitation / Inmate Welfare page to see the Jail visiting and operation hours.


What are your office hours?

Please visit our Contact Page to view our office operation hours.


What if I accidentally call 9-1-1?

Do not hang up. Wait until the call taker answers and inform them that you have reached

9-1-1 by accident.


What if I do not have a credit or debit card … for fingerprinting services?

You will need to bring the fingerprint card provided in your packet with you. We will then print a hard copy of your fingerprint record that can be mailed in with your packet. This method results in a delay and may take the State about 6-8 weeks to process.


What if my prints are rejected for being eligible?

We use the most current technology in fingerprinting and our technicians are well trained in taking prints but occasionally through no one’s fault, they are rejected and have to be redone. If that happens your prints are re-taken and resubmitted at no charge.


What information does the call taker need?


    • They will need your name, location, and nature of the emergency.
    • Listen carefully to the dispatchers questions and comments .
    • Speak slowly and clearly.
    • Most of all try to stay calm. The dispatcher needs the information as thoroughly and quickly as possible to get help on the way.



What number do I call if it’s NOT an emergency?

(904) 966-6161


What should I expect from BCSO if my complaint is formally investigated?

You can expect a fair, thorough, and impartial investigation if your complaint involves misconduct that is deemed by Internal Affairs to warrant a formal investigation. Finding the unbiased truth will be the goal of any internal investigation that is completed by this agency. You will be notified of the results once the investigation is concluded. Most investigations are concluded within a sixty-day time frame but timeline extensions are sometimes necessary during the investigative process.


What should I expect once my complaint is filed with Internal Affairs?

Internal Affairs will use the information you provide to conduct an initial inquiry into your complaint. This can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on the allegation. You will then be notified of the results of the inquiry. You will be notified of the status of the complaint and whether it will be investigated formally, if there will be no further action taken, or if your complaint has been forwarded to a supervisor.


When should I use 9-1-1?

9-1-1 is only to be used in emergency situations. An emergency is any situation that requires immediate assistance from the police/sheriff, the fire department or an ambulance. If you are ever in doubt of whether a situation is an emergency you should call 9-1-1. It’s better to be safe and let the 9-1-1 call taker determine if you need emergency assistance.

Do NOT CALL 9-1-1:

… for information

… for directory assistance

… when you’re bored and just want to talk

… for paying tickets

… for your pet

… as a prank


Where do I get a Concealed Weapons packet from?

The Bradford County Sheriff’s Office.


Where do I get my passport photo done?

You can get passport photos at the same place you get your driver’s license (located in the tax collector’s office) at the courthouse for $7.00. There are several other places including some of the drugstores locally that have photo labs and can do them also.


Why can’t I pay for everything with one check for concealed weapons permit?

Your concealed weapons application packet involves the work of several different agencies and for that reason; each agency is paid directly for their part. The $5.00 cash fee the BCSO charges goes for personnel and equipment maintenance for taking the fingerprints. The $31.50 fee is paid via credit card to FDLE for processing your fingerprints and providing the Department of Agriculture with criminal history information. The $70.00 fee by check or money order is the amount charged by the Department of Agriculture to process your application and provide your permit.


Under Florida law, e-mails are public records. If you do not want your e-mail released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to the BCSO. Instead, contact this office by phone.